With Bonfire Night around the corner, we wanted to get in on the action! Want to build a rocket out of things you can find at home? Here’s how!
You will need:
Play-doh or Clay
- Make a cone out of paper for the nose of your rocket. Cover it in colourful duct tape so that it is strong and water resistant.
- Stick the cone to the bottom of the bottle
- Cut 3 or 4 triangles out of cardboard. Line the bottoms up with the bottom of the rocket so that it can stand on its own.
- Now to add a ballast to give the rocket weight – mould play-doh or clay around the bottle opening and cover with duct tape.
- Fill the bottle with water.
- Make a hole in the cork which is the same size as your bicycle pump valve, then put the cork tightly into the bottle opening.
- Finally, place the bicycle pump valve into the hole you made, take your rocket outside, stand well back and pump!
Please make sure that this activity is carried out with adult supervision. Remember to stand back from the rocket and don’t point towards people or animals!
Leave a Reply