MakerClub Ltd (MakerClub or We) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to here) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from or about you, or that you provide to us through our website, mobile apps, software applications, email, social media platforms or otherwise, will be processed by us in relation to our MakerClub services that enable children of 9 and over to print robots in 3D and learn how to code and program them. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting https://my.makerclub.org or otherwise making use of our services, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is MAKERCLUB LTD of 17 Lansdowne Street, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 1FS.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site https://my.makerclub.org (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our services, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion, survey or quizzes, or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, birth date, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, emergency contact details, personal description and photograph. In specific circumstances, such as during workshops and stages in our clubs, and to the extent allowed by local law, we may also obtain health-related information (e.g., dietary requirements or specific health condition) to accommodate your needs.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including details such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, etc..
- See the section ‘Uses made of the information’ for further detail about what we do with your information.
Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the computer that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on our website and other services, pages visited, language preferences, and other anonymous traffic data. We and our service providers use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize your experience while using our website and other services, and to recognize your computer in order to assist your use of our website and other services,. We also gather statistical information about your use of the our website and other services, in order to continually improve their design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions regarding them.
Below is a summary of the non-strictly necessary cookies that our website uses. In some places a string of Xs are used to represent a variable part of a cookie name.
|Cookie(s) (Name)||Purpose||Category (first party, third party)|
|“_gat”, “_ga” and “_gat_UA-XXXXX-X”||Used by Google Analytics (analytics.google.com) to track user activities||Third party|
|“optimizelyEndUserId”, “optimizelySegments”, “optimizelyBuckets”, “optimizelyPendingLogEvents”, “end_user_id” and “cdn”||Used by Optimizely (www.optimizely.com) to track user activities and to facilitate A/B testing.||Third party|
|“snp_snppopup-exit”||Used by MakerClub to avoid showing the exit intent to a single user frequently||First party|
|“__atuvc” and “__atuvs”||Used by AddThis (www.addthis.com) to track user activities.||Third Party|
|“intercom-id-XXXXXX”, “intercom-session-XXXXX”, “Intercom-visitor-session-XXXXXX” and “_mkra_ctxt”||Enables Intercom (www.intercom.com) to track user activities and any ongoing Intercom conversations.||Third party|
|“wordpress_test_cookie”||Used to test if cookies are enabled and working in your browser||First party|
|“Bp-activity-oldestpage”||Used to keep track of how many Buddypress activities you’ve read.||First party|
|“_hp2_ses_props.XXXXXXXXX”, “_hp2_id.XXXXXXXXX2, “_hp2_hldXXXXXXXXX.undefined”, “_hp2_id.XXXXXXXXX” and “_hp2_ses_props.XXXXXXXXX”||Used by Heap Analytics (heapanalytics.com) to track user activities||Third party|
|“AWSELB”||Used by Amazon Web Services Elastic Load Balancer (aws.amazon.com) to assist with load balancing.||Third party|
|“fr”||Used by Facebook (facebook.com) to track user activities||Third party|
|“pid”||Used by Twitter (twitter.com) to track user activities||Third party|
|“PHPSESSID”||Used to identify a user through their browsing session||First party|
|“embed_preferences”, “__utma”, “__utmb”, “__utmc”, “__utmt_player”, “__utmv”, “__utmz”, “player” and “vuid”||Used by Vimeo (vimeo.com) to track user activities and store video preferences||Third party|
|“UID” and “UIDR”||Used by Score Card Research (www.scorecardresearch.com) to track user activites||Third party|
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties on our behalf to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. When you purchase our goods or services, we will add you to our mailing lists. You may unsubscribe at any time by following the link provided at the bottom of our emails, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- notify you about changes to our service.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services such as creating electronics and robotics projects on the MakerClub platform, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you ;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our services are controlled and operated by us from the UK and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the UK. Your personal data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, and may always subsequently opt-out of such processing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act also gives you the right to access information held about you or correct it. Your right of access and correction can be exercised by emailing us at email@example.com. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.