What’s the big deal?
At MakerCub, we believe that the future is 3D. This course was developed by industry experts to bridge the gap between three key areas of technology; coding; 3D design; and electronics. After completing this, you will have a solid foundation in each, and will be confident enough to create your own simple, connected products. This course uses an RC Racer that can be controlled by your phone to teach a wide ranging set of skills.
What will I learn?
- How to code hardware in C++
- How to design basic 3D models with OnShape™
- How to get the most from a 3D printer
- How to control your projects with your mobile phone
- How to understand servos, switches and motors
- How to connect your projects to the internet and develop your own creations…
What are the requirements?
This course is suitable for beginners. We recommend having access to a 3D printer, although if you do not, don’t worry – we can 3D print the parts for you, just let us know when booking your course. You will also need a smartphone and the use of a medium range laptop. No soldering is required and all the electronics used in this course are re-useable.